If you have participated in the Dissertation House in the past, and if you still have work to complete, then you are invited to join us for the Dissertation House at the 2012 PROMISE Summer Success Institute (SSI). “Alumni” of the DH know how to get down to business immediately. So if you need time and space to jump right into DH mode, use the regular application process, and use “DH @ 2012 SSI” in the subject line of your email. This invitation is open to any graduate student, from any school, who has participated in at least one FULL 3 or 4-day DH Session (e.g., any campus, at a PROMISE retreat, any year) or the 2011 SSI DH Marathon in Columbia. This event will take place on Friday, August 17, 2012, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, in Room Commons 329, on UMBC’s campus.
Guidelines and Requirements
- Be an alumnus of a previous Dissertation House
- Be registered for the PROMISE Summer Success Institute, and plan to fully participate in the other parts of the conference (outside of the DH) all day Saturday, 8/18 at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve, http://promiseagep.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/2012-summer-success-institute-august-17-18-2012-umbc-the-hotel-at-arundel-preserve/
- Follow the traditional application procedures and apply by Monday, August 13, 2012: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/apply/, use “DH @ 2012 SSI” in the subject line of your email.
- Login to the DH 2012 Summer Challenge and join the conversation with #TeamGetItDone: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/blog-online-challenge/summer-2012-challenge/
- Outline your goals for the 2012 online (using the challenge link above) by Wednesday, August 15.
Coach: Dr. Wendy Carter-Veale
This DH session includes breakfast refreshments, a buffet lunch, and an afternoon snack.
- Annual PROMISE Summer Success Institute: August 17-18, 2012 @ UMBC & The Hotel at Arundel Preserve (promiseagep.wordpress.com)
- “Get it out of your head, and put it on paper!” (dissertationhouse.wordpress.com)
- Finish the dissertation, because you can’t put “Almost PhD” behind your name (renettatull.wordpress.com)