Turbocharge Your Dissertation Writing in a Supportive and Structured Environment!
Join us from July 5-7, 2023, for a transformative experience designed to help you overcome challenges, learn valuable strategies, and make substantial progress on your dissertation.
Are you a doctoral student looking to make significant headway on your dissertation this summer? The Summer Dissertation House 2023 is the perfect opportunity to supercharge your writing, learn practical techniques, and connect with a supportive community of fellow dissertation writers. Take advantage of this chance to take your dissertation to the next level!
- When: July 5-7, 2023, from 9 AM to 4:30 PM each day
- Where: Commons building, room 329
- Who: Doctoral students from all disciplines committed to making progress on their dissertations or proposals, Master students working on their thesis or capstone project.
- What to do: During the Event, Everyone would post their daily updates/ progress in the form of comments!
What to Expect
At the Summer Dissertation House, you’ll benefit from the following:
- Dedicated Writing Time: Make the most of structured writing sessions to concentrate on your project without distractions.
- Expert Coaching: Receive personalized guidance and feedback from an experienced mentor during one-on-one sessions.
- Interactive Workshops: Participate in workshops covering essential topics such as time management, effective writing strategies, overcoming writer’s block, and maintaining motivation.
- Supportive Community: Connect with fellow students, share your experiences, and create lasting relationships.
- Post-Event Resources: Gain access to valuable resources and tips to help you maintain momentum and stay on track after the event.
How to Apply
- Application Period: The application period starts on April 3 and ends on May 1, 2023. Take advantage of this opportunity to accelerate your progress!
- Application Process:
- Selection Criteria: Participants will be selected based on the quality of their applications. Apply early to increase your chances of being selected.
To join us online:
- Go to the comment section below and introduce yourself (name, school, department.) Note: You may use your full name or an alias. If you have a blog, you may use your blogger ID; however, you do not need a username or password to participate.
- Tell us what you are working on and what you plan to accomplish today or over the next few days.
- Blog daily, preferably twice a day (morning and afternoon/evening), to report your goals for the day, your daily accomplishments, and your goals for the next day.
How to Apply
- Create a single Word document with the following settings:
- font size 11-12 pt
- 1 inch margins
- Divide it into 2 sections – Part 1 and Part 2
- In Part 1, type your header information on one page:
- Telephone numbers (mobile, home, office)
- E-mail address
- Academic Program
- Year in program (1st year, 5th Year, etc)
- Type up a brief description (maximum 2 pages) describing the project you wish to accomplish during the Dissertation House period.
- In Part 2, type up the following:
- Summary of the project, including research question(s), data, texts, and methods
- Amount completed on the project to date
- Any obstacles you have encountered that hinder completion of the dissertation
Email the application to email@example.com using the subject line format: “Dissertation House 2023 Winter Application: FirstName LastName”
Applications will only be reviewed or accepted during the application enrollment period.
We’re here to help! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to supporting you on your writing journey!
Join the conversation! Leave a Reply.