Dates: Friday, October 12 and Saturday, October 13, 2018.
Location: UMBC, Commons Building, Rooms: 331 and 328.
Time: 9 am – 5 pm (each day).
This activity is open to any full-time UMBC employee who is working on a thesis or dissertation, at any university, e.g., UMBC employees who are in the doctoral program at Frostburg University. This activity is also open to UMBC graduate students who are full-time employees, career professionals, or non-traditional returning students.
Dissertation Coach: Dr. Wendy Carter-Veale
Applications are open until September 21, 2018.
To be considered for this DH please complete the following:
Registration: Please log into myUMBC (https://my3.my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/62952). Click the “Going” button at the bottom, *AND* follow the application procedures on the main website for the Dissertation House: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/apply/. The application period to apply to attend this Dissertation House will close on September 21st.
- The Dissertation House runs from 9 AM – 5 PM, for two days, Friday, October 12 and Saturday, October 13.
- Students must plan to attend the full session, for each of the 2 days.
- The daily schedule includes 2 mini-lectures and 5 hours of writing per day.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and a snack will be served daily.
- The Dissertation House is free for UMBC’s graduate students.
- There are 18 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.
Read about The Dissertation House in UMBC’s Alumni Magazine: Byrne, R. (2011, Fall) “The Write Stuff”, UMBC Magazine. p. 12. More information about the Dissertation House: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/about/